Out of Sight: A call for transparency from field to fabric
Fashion Revolution is an organisation that inlcudes people from all around the world who make the fashion industry work. They are designers, academics, writers, business leaders, policymakers, brands, retailers, marketers, producers, makers, workers and fashion lovers. Fashion Revolution strives for a global fashion industry that conserves and restores the environment and values people over growth and profit.
Their aims are:
- An end to human and environmental exploitation in the global fashion industry
- Safe, dignified working conditions and living wages for all people in the supply chain
- Redistributed and more equal balance of power across the global fashion industry
- A bigger and stronger labour movement in the global fashion industry
- A global fashion industry that works to conserve precious resources and regenerate ecosystems
- A culture of transparency and accountability across the value chain
- An end to throwaway culture and shift to a system where materials are used for much longer and nothing goes to waste
- Heritage, craftsmanship and local wisdoms are recognised and valued
In support of the Tamil Nadu Declaration and Framework of Action, Fashion Revolution has conducted new research into the supply chain transparency efforts of 62 major fashion brands and retailers. The report explores why greater transparency in the supply chain is needed to help put an end to exploitative working conditions in the places where fabrics and yarns are made.
The main conclusions can be seen below.
What can you do?
You can share the report or send it to your favorite brand and ask them to sign the declaration. You can simply share this post in an Instagram story and tag your favorite brand.
If you want to contribute to this good cause, it is possible to donate by clicking here.
Source: The Fashion Revolution